Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Keeping Christmas-June 2019


It's time for the June installment of Keeping Christmas with The Challenge design team!  I used the current Mojo Monday sketch for this modern holiday design in a non-traditional color scheme

'Tis the Season card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti
The color scheme for my card came from the cool colors of plaid patterned paper panel I used on the card.  I matted the plaid panel on a piece of pale blue cardstock that I layered on to a darker blue panel. I used the same light blue cardstock for the sentiment panel, stamping "'tis the season" from Reverse Confetti's Seasonal Sentiments set in navy ink.  After matting the panel on dark blue cardstock, I adhered it to the center of the plaid panel.  A silver glitter snowflake, die cut with one of RC's Let It Snow dies and adhered to a pale blue panel, accents the sentiment panel.  I dotted the center of the glittery flake with a clear crystal for even more sparkle and shine.  The finished panel was adhered to a pale blue card base.

Don't miss what the rest of our team has created to inspire you to get a head start on your holiday card making!  There is a lot of inspiration and ideas to get your creative juices flowing.  Here's where to find the team members:





Materials Used:
Seasonal Sentiments stamp set, Mist cardstock, Let it Snow dies (Reverse Confetti); Memento Nautical Blue ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Enchanted Evening cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Silver cardstock, Silver Glitter cardstock (Recollections); Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); clear crystal

4 comments:

  1. Your blue plaid paper with the silver snowflake looks SO pretty together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your color combo! Perfect for your snowflake card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet....love that pretty blue plaid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm more than a bit late in commenting on this lovely card. Summer just seems to be calling more than my computer! A simply beautiful card, Lori. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips