Sunday, June 9, 2019

Peace, Love, & Joy

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used the layout to create a quick holiday themed design.

Peace, Love, & Joy card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
The ornament die from the Filled with Joy set helped me to put this card together super fast.  I used it to cut ornaments from shiny silver paper.  The negative star-shaped space was filled in with red cardstock and dotted with a large clear crystal at the center for extra sparkle.  I cut the strings with the set's string die and positioned the die cut pieces on a red panel before adding the ornaments using foam tape.  For the sentiment, I stamped "peace, love and joy" from the coordinating Filled with Joy stamp set in white pigment ink on a narrow gray Slanted Sentiment Strips die cut, then heat embossed the text in white to pop against the dark background.  The finished panel was adhered to a gray card base matching the sentiment strip and ornament strings.

Materials Used:
Filled with Joy stamp set, Steel Grey cardstock,  Filled with Joy and Slanted Sentiment Strips dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Luxe Wedding Dress ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Silver and Red Punch cardstock, Snow embossing powder  (Recollections); clear crystals; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips