Friday, June 21, 2019

You're So Sweet

Here's my card for this month's Paper Smooches photo inspiration challenge.  I took my inspiration from the pineapple image and the two toned pink background, making both elements prominent in my design.

You're So Sweet card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper Smooches
My two-toned background was made by adhering a darker pink angled panel, edged with a narrow contrasting strip of shimmery gold paper, to the left side of a pale pink card base.  I used the Pineapple Crush stamp set to stamp a pair of pineapples, then colored them with Copic markers before cutting them out with the matching die from the Pineapple Crush Icons die set.  The pineapples were arranged on the cardfront using foam tape for dimension.  I accented one of them with a pair of layered paper flowers, also in pink. The set's "you're sweet" sentiment was stamped to the left of the images in black ink.  A trio of matte pink enamel dots arranged around the pineapple images finished the design.

Materials Used:
Pineapple Crush stamp set, Pineapple Crush Icons dies (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Pretty in Pink and Regal Rose cardstock (Stampin' Up!); gold paper (Target); pink matte enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); paper flowers (Prima); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips