Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Whale Hello Baby

The theme for this month's Stock your Stash challenge at Reverse Confetti is baby cards.  I don't have any RC stamps specifically for babies, so I improvised by using the sweet whale from the Seaside set as the focal image for my design.

Whale Hello Baby card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti
The whale was stamped in a pale blue pigment ink, then cut out with the matching die.  The whale's eye was filled in with a teeny, tiny white self-adhesive pearl.  I used foam tape to adhere the die cut image to a wavy patterned tag cut with the tag die from RC's Tag Me die set.  The tag was adhered over a navy blue cardstock strip edged with shiny silver paper.  I positioned the navy strip on an aqua cardstock panel.  Once the tag was in place, I used a glue dot to add a pretty white organdy bow to the top.  For the sentiment, I combined words from the Seaside and Whole Lotta Happy stamp sets to get "whale hello baby."  The words were stamped in navy ink on a fishtail flag strip.  I tucked one end of the strip underneath the raised whale image and accented the other end with a silver heart cut with a die from RC's Love Note die set. The finished panel was adhered to a coordinating navy card base.

Materials Used:
Seaside and Whole Lotta Happy stamp sets, Iced Aqua and Navy cardstock, Forever My Love 6x6 paper pad, Seaside, Tag Me, and Love Note dies (Reverse Confetti); Memento Nautical Blue ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Winter pigment ink (Mama Elephant); Silver cardstock (Recollections); white organdy ribbon; Bow Easy; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips