Thursday, July 18, 2019

You Color My World

You Color My World card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Paper Smooches
This month's Paper Smooches challenge theme is anything goes.  I inked up the PS Luminous Spring set for this cheery card based on the current Fab Friday challenge.

The bands of the rainbow aren't as long as the white panel that I stamped the image on, so I had to do a little careful stamp placement to line up the bands on the panel to lengthen them.  Once the image was stamped, I used Copic markers to color the rainbow and added sparkle to the clouds with a clear glitter brush pen.  I edged the stamped panel with silver cardstock, using a scallop border punch to give one side a decorative edge, then adhered the panel to a light blue card base.  For the sentiment, I stamped the "you color my world" sentiment from the Word Salad stamp set on a narrow strip of red cardstock.  The contrasting strip was adhered to the cardfront using foam tape, extending part way on to the image panel. I accented the text with a trio of silver glitter enamel dots

Materials Used:
Luminous Spring and Word Salad stamp sets, Borders 2 dies (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); clear Sparkle glitter brush pen (Spectrum Noir); Sno Cone cardstock (My Favorite Things); Real Red cardstock, scallop border punch (Stampin' Up!); Silver cardstock (Recollections); silver glitter enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Lori - bold and fun! Love it! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute design! The rainbow fits the sketch perfectly! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That image is so perfect for our sketch! I love the bright colors and the bit of bling to top it all off! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips