Friday, September 20, 2019

Birthday Buddies

Here's my card for this month's Paper Smooches challenge.  I used the sketch to create a fun birthday card with the classic Paper Smooches Birthday Buddies stamp set.

Birthday Buddies card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper Smooches
I colored up the chick and dog images with Copic marker and cut out the images using the matching Buddies Icons dies.  The chick was adhered to a light blue panel using foam tape.  The panel looked a bit empty, so I filled it in with a balloon from the Hullabaloo stamp set.  I adhered the light blue panel to the top left side of a light green card base.  Once it was in place, I arranged narrow yellow cardstock strips on the cardfront to get the grid-like look.  I filled in the small  space on the top right of the card with a strip of colorful striped patterned paper.  The small space on the bottom left of the card was filled with the "happy birthday" sentiment from the Sentiment Sampler stamp set.  I used foam tape to adhere the  dog image  to the large space on the right side of the card to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Birthday Buddies, Hullabaloo, and Sentiment Sampler stamp sets, Buddies Icons dies (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Spring Rain and Spring Moss cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Lemon Drop cardstock (My Favorite Things); Party Boy 6x6 paper pad (Photoplay); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips