Thursday, September 26, 2019

If the Broom Fits

Here's my card for the current challenge at The Paper Players.  I used the tall and skinny sketch to make a Halloween design using stamps and dies from Lil' Inker Designs.

If the Broom Fits card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lil' Inker Designs
I stamped the crosshatch witch image from the Bats and Broomsticks stamp set on pale purple cardstock, then cut out the stamped image with the matching die.  The image was adhered to a shimmery silver stitched circle die cut "moon" using foam tape for dimension.  I adhered the image to a tall, skinny pale purple cardstock panel with a wide strip of dark purple cardstock down the center.  For the sentiment, I stamped the set's "if the broom fits..." sentiment on a pale purple strip.  After edging it with a narrow strip of silver cardstock, I positioned the strip just beneath the image panel.  I added a bunch of silver sequins around the image as an accent.  The finished panel was adhered to a purple card base.  I made the card tall and narrow, but not too tall to fit in a standard sized envelope!

Materials Used:
Bats and Broomsticks stamp set, Bats and Broomsticks and Stitched Circle dies (Lil' Inker Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Almost Amethyst cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Royal Velvet cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Silver cardstock (Recollections); silver sequins; foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Love your flying witch Lori and that sentiment always cracks me up! A beautiful clean and simple, tall and skinny card! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the purple and your witch, but the sentiment makes me smile! I always love Halloween cards. SO happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips