Monday, October 28, 2019

So Hoppy for You

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used the layout to create an interactive design featuring the toad from the Toad-ally Awesome stamp set.

So Hoppy for You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I colored up the toad image with Copic markers, then used the coordinating die to cut out the colored image.  To create a background for the toad, I adhered two different pieces of aqua cardstock to an avocado green panel--the lighter aqua for the sky and the darker aqua for the water.  The lily pad was die cut from light green and placed at the bottom of the panel using foam tape for dimension.  I used the slider die from the Toad-ally Awesome die set to cut a channel into the panel, then used one of MFT's slider elements to secure the image in the track.  The panel was carefully adhered to a green dotted patterned paper panel so that the slider element could move up and down freely.  For the sentiment, I stamped the set's "I'm so hoppy for you" sentiment on a trimmed down light green Chat Bubbles die cut. I positioned the die cut just above the image panel, then adhered the finished panel to a green card base that matches the mat behind the image panel.

Materials Used:
Toad-ally Awesome stamp set, Toad-ally Awesome and Chat Bubbles dies, slider element (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, Ripe Avocado, and Spring Moss cardstock, Simply Chartreuse patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips