Sunday, October 27, 2019

Spreading Holiday Cheer

Here's my card for the current challenge at CAS Colours and Sketches.  I used the layout to create a wintery scene featuring images from Mama Elephant.

Spreading Holiday Cheer card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Mama Elephant
I colored up the bear image from the Snow Angels stamp set with Copic markers, then cut out the colored image with my Scan 'n Cut machine.  After stamping and heat embossing the snow angel outline image on a curved shimmery white panel with stitched detailing, I added the image on top using foam tape for dimension.  The "spreading holiday cheer" sentiment from the Holiday Messages stamp set was stamped just above the bear image in blue ink.  I wish I'd stamped the snow angel outline just a bit lower so that the sentiment could have been lower, too... To fill in the scene, I added a scattering of  "snowflake" sequins around the image, then used foam tape to adhere the white panel to the top of a light blue card base covered with a blue striped patterned paper panel.

Materials Used:
Snow Angels and Holiday Messages stamp sets (Mama Elephant); Memento Bahama Blue, Tuxedo Black and Delicata Silvery Shimmer inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Bashful Blue and Shimmery White cardstock, Sterling Silver embossing powder (Stampin' Up!); The Winter Combo matstack (DCWV); Stitched Basic Edges dies (My Favorite Things); silver sequins; foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Such a clever design! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! Great job with the sketch! Thank you for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips