Friday, November 8, 2019

Be Jolly

Here's my card for the current Mojo Monday sketch.  I had colored up a trio of snowmen from Avery Elle's new Snow Fun stamp set, so I picked one to use as the focal image for this card.

Be Jolly card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Avery Elle
The image was stamped on shimmery white cardstock and colored with Copic markers, then cut out with my Scan 'n Cut machine.  I used foam tape to adhere the image to a light blue circle die cut.  For the background, I trimmed down a panel of blue on blue houndstooth patterned paper. I matted it on contrasting red cardstock before adhering it to a light blue cardstock panel.  A pair of fishtail flag strips, one red and one blue, were arranged over the patterned panel, then the image panel was added on top. The "be jolly" sentiment from the Be Jolly stamp set was stamped beneath the image panel in red ink. The finished panel was adhered to a red card base to match the mat behind the patterned paper panel.

Materials Used:
Snow Fun and Be Jolly stamp sets (Avery Elle); Memento Tuxedo Black and Lady Bug inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Red Punch and Ocean cardstock (Recollections); Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Hello Winter 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); circle dies (Spellbinders); Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute, Lori! Love that little snowman! So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips