Sunday, November 10, 2019

Happily Ever After

Here's my card for the current challenge at Global Design Project.  I used stamps and dies from My Favorite Things for a celebratory design.

Happily Ever After card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
My focal image is an elegant pair of champagne glasses cut from white vellum.  I colored the back of the vellum with Copic markers to make it appear that the glasses were filled with liquid, then adhered them to a gray pierced rectangle.  The panel was placed on the left side of a sparkly silver panel wrapped with some gold baker's twine.  The twine was secured with a small bow just above the image panel.  I placed the silver panel on a gray card base to match the image panel, then added the "happily ever after" sentiment from MFT's Essential sentiments on top, using foam tape for dimension.  A trio of flat clear sequins arranged around the sentiment strip completed the design.

Materials Used:
Essential Sentiments stamp set, Let's Toast and Pierced Rectangle STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Weathervane cardstock (Papertrey Ink); silver and gold paper (Target); white vellum (The Paper Company); gold baker's twine (Recollections); clear flat sequins (Pretty Pink Posh); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips