Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Happy Birthday to You

The theme for this month's My Favorite Things Birthday Project challenge is "feeling sentimental."  I created a sentiment-only birthday design using a large word die and a small sentiment stamp.  The mix of sizes is a perfect balance!

Happy Birthday to You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
For the large word die cut, I adhered strips of green cardstock to a piece of white cardstock, then cut out the word "happy" to get an ombre effect.  The word was adhered to a dark brown cardstock panel that had been split to reveal the inside texture of the cardstock's core.  I adhered the brown panel to a kraft card base over a narrow strip of gold paper placed at the top of a light green cardstock strip.  The "birthday to you" sentiment from the Bitty Birthday Wishes stamp set was stamped on the light green strip in slightly darker green ink.  A trio of green enamel dots arranged around the stamped words completed the masculine design.

Materials Used:
Bitty Birthday Wishes stamp set, Happy dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Bamboo Leaves ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado, and Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Chocolate Chip cardstock (Stampin' Up!); green enamel dots (My Mind's Eye)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips