Sunday, November 17, 2019

Have a Cool Christmas

Here's my card for the current challenge at CAS Colours and Sketches.  I used the layout for a holiday themed design featuring a fun image from My Favorite Things

Have a Cool Christmas card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
I colored up the snowman filled car from the Cool Christmas stamp set with Copic markers, then cut it out with my Scan n' Cut machine.  For the background, I cut an angled panel from light blue cardstock.  It took me a few tries to get a shape I liked!  The bottom of the panel was covered with green cardstock that I edged along the top with a narrow strip of gray cardstock as a "road."  The image was positioned on top using foam tape for dimension.  I adhered the panel to the top half of a blue card base.  the set's "have a cool Christmas" sentiment was stamped along the bottom right of the image panel to complete the design.

Materials Used:
Cool Christmas stamp set, Steel Grey cardstock (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Blue Bayou, Garden Green, and Soft Sky cardstock (Stampin' Up!); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Fun card! Great use of the sketch! Thank you for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super job coloring that cute car full of snowpeople! Your card made me smile. Thanks for sharing it with us at CC&S! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun image and a great card! Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips