Monday, November 18, 2019

You Brighten my Day

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  This card came together in just a few minutes with MFT's Watt's Up stamp set and coordinating Lightbulb dies.

You Brighten my Day card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I die cut the lightbulb from yellow cardstock and used scraps of shimmery papers to cut the filament and the base.  After assembling the bulb, I used foam tape to adhere it to the bottom of a blue card base.  The string suspending the bulb from the top of the card is the ornament string from the Filled with Joy dies.  Once the string was in place, I stamped the "you brighten my day" sentiment in the top right corner of the card using white pigment ink, then heat embossed the text with white embossing powder.  A trio of white glitter enamel dots arranged around the bulb completed the design.

Materials Used:
Watt's Up stamp set, Lemon Drop cardstock, Lightbulb and Filled with Joy dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Luxe Wedding Dress ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Ocean cardstock, Snow embossing powder (Recollections); Crystal Stardream cardstock (The Paper Cut); silver paper (Target); white glitter enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips