Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Holiday Cheer

Here's my card for the current Anything Goes challenge at Paper Smooches--and my entry for the PS challenge team design call.  I was a member of the PS challenge team a while back and loved it, so I'd be thrilled to join the team again when it starts back up.

Holiday Cheer card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper Smooches
I created a wintery scene featuring the tall snowman from PS's Swanky Snowdudes stamp set.  Kim's snowmen images are my very favorite!  Here, I stamped the image on shimmery white cardstock for a snow-like sparkle, then added some color with Copic markers. To make a background for the image, I blended a trio of distress oxides on a watercolor paper panel, then drizzled the panel with water for a starry look.  I used one of PS's Stitched dies to cut a curved line into a panel of shimmery white cardstock and trimmed the cardstock along the stitched detailing.  I added the piece to the bottom of the blended panel to create a snowbank to ground the image. The image was layered on top using foam tape.  I stamped the "holiday cheer" sentiment from the Christmas Sampler set in blue ink at the bottom of the snowbank.  The panel was matted on purple cardstock, then centered on a blue card base.  a trio of blue sequin "stars" scattered around the background panel completed the wintery design.

Materials Used:
Swanky Snowdudes and Christmas Sampler stamp sets, Snowdudes and Stitched dies (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black and Bahama Blue inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Broken China, Faded Jeans, and Wilted Violet distress oxides (Ranger); markers (Copic); clear Sparkle glitter brush pen (Spectrum Noir); Island Blue cardstock (Simon Says Stamp); Winter Wisteria cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); sequins; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips