Friday, December 20, 2019

Beary Happy Holidays

Here's my card for December's Mix It Up challenge at SugarPea Designs.  I paired the sketch with elements from the inspiration photo (cute critter, colors, and bold stripes) for this holiday design featuring one of the bears from SPD's Hey Winter stamp set.

Beary Happy Holidays card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from SugarPea Designs
I did a little masking to stamp the hat on the bear's head and gift in the bear's hands.  Once I'd gotten the image stamped, I colored it with Copic markers.  It's hard to see in the photo, but I added some texture to the design by filling in the pom poms on the hat with white flock.  I used foam tape to position the bear on a red and white striped panel with a shimmery white snow bank at the bottom.   A trio of silver sequin "snowflakes" were arranged around the bear image as a fun accent.

For the sentiment, I stamped the set's "happy holidays" sentiment on a white Stitched Flags die cut.  After matting the sentiment on a slightly larger black Stitched Flag piece, I adhered it to the top right side of the card.  I matted the panel on contrasting black cardstock, then adhered it to a red card base.

Materials Used:
Hey Winter stamp set, Stitched Flags dies (SugarPea Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Real Red and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Crystal Stardream cardstock (The Paper Cut); Pure Poppy patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Landscape Trio dies (Mama Elephant); white flock (Stampendous); silver sequins; foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips