Saturday, December 21, 2019

Hi

Here's my card for the current challenge at Global Design Project.  I was inspired by the layout, the bird image, and the blue color scheme with a metallic accent.  I incorporated all of those elements into my cute design using stamps from Lawn Fawn.

Hi card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lawn Fawn
The bird duo is from the Love Letter stamp set,  I colored up the birds with Copic markers and cut them out with the matching dies, then used foam tape to adhere them on a branch stamped with an image from the Hello Sunshine set.  For the sentiment, I stamped a pair of the tiny speech bubbles from the Love Letter set and positioned them above the birds as if they were having a conversation.  The edges of the oval panel were inked with some blue distress oxide to soften the contrast between the image panel and the cardfront. 

After matting the image on a slightly larger silver oval, I adhered the panel to the cardfront that I covered with a light blue panel at the top and a slightly darker blue feathery/leafy patterned paper panel at the bottom.  A solid strip of blue cardstock hides the seam between the two panels.  I positioned a narrow strip of silver paper along the bottom edge of the cardfront to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Love Letter and Hello Sunshine stamp sets, Love Letter diesm Fall Fling 6x6 paper pad (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black and Rich Cocoa inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Summer Splash ink (My Favorite Things); Broken China distress oxide (Ranger); Soft Sky cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); silver paper (Target); oval dies (Spellbinders); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips