Monday, January 6, 2020

I'm S(mitten)

Here's my take on the current Paper Smooches challenge.  The challenge theme is anything cold, so I went with mittens.  Technically, they're not "cold," but they are for the cold, so I think they fit the challenge!  

I'm S(mitten) card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper Smooches
I used PS's Mitten die to cut a pair of mittens from red cardstock.  To add interest, I "trimmed" the cuffs with contrasting white cardstock and used the die set's heart cross stitch pattern die to add an accent to the mittens, then backed the open space with more contrasting white cardstock.  After connecting the mittens with a length of pink and red baker's twine, I used foam tape to arrange them on a pale pink cardstock panel.  I added a trio of teeny, tiny hearts cut with PS's Tiny Hearts die--one of my favorite PS dies--around the mittens, then stamped the "I'm s(mitten)" sentiment from the Winter Sampler stamp set on a red fishtail flag strip set at the top left side of the panel.  The finished panel was adhered to a red card base that matches the mitten pair.

Materials Used:
Winter Sampler stamp set, Mitten and Tiny Hearts dies (Paper Smooches); Versafine Clair Nocturne ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Riding Hood Red and Pink Pirouette cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); baker's twine (The Twinery); foam tape 

3 comments:

  1. Love those darling red mittens!! Thanks so much for playing in the Paper Sweeties "Anything Cold" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your SWEET Card Lori!! Those Mittens are SO CUTE and PERFECT for sending some LOVE to someone SPECIAL!! THANKS SO MUCH for joining us for the NEW Paper Smooches Challenge!! Hope you have a FABULOUS WEEK!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just love the color scheme you have chosen, Lori! This is perfect for Valentine's day with the colors and sentiment! So cute! Thank you for playing along with us for the Paper Smooches Anything Cold Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips