Friday, January 3, 2020

Wintery Thinking of You

Here's my card for the current Lawn Fawnatics inspiration challenge.  I used the color palette and the snowflakes in the graphic as the starting point for my wintery design.

Thinking of You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Lawn Fawn
I used blue distress inks to make the background, masking off a circle for the moon.  It's hard to see in the photo, but I used a glitter brush pen to add some sparkle to the moon.  After the ink set, I went back and dotted the sky with snowflakes using white pigment ink, then heat embossed the flakes with white embossing powder so they'd pop against the background.  I added a die cut snowy hill at the bottom of the panel before arranging the bear duo and a trio of trees from Lawn Fawn's Winter Skies set on the cardfront using foam tape for dimension.  It was easy to shorten the set's "thinking of you this" sentiment to "thinking of you" by just inking a portion of the text before stamping it on a narrow blue cardstock strip.  I adhered the sentiment to the bottom of the panel, then adhered the panel to a matching card base.

Materials Used:
Winter Skies stamp set (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black and Memento Luxe Wedding Dress inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); clear Sparkle Glitter Brush pen (Spectrum Noir); Faded Jeans and Broken China distress oxides (Ranger); Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Crystal Stardream cardstock (The Paper Cut); Landscape Trio dies (Mama Elephant); circle punch (EK Success); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! I just love this - love the sky and the bears look up at the moon

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips