Thursday, January 2, 2020

You're Sweet

Here's my take on the current (for a few more hours) sketch at CAS(e) this Sketch. I have to admit that this sketch stumped me for a while, but once I came up with an idea, the card came together pretty quickly.

You're Sweet card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-die from Lawn FawnI used one of Lawn Fawn's Line Border dies as the layout's sentiment panel.  I cut the "you're sweet" from hot pink paper and angled it at the top of a light pink card base.  To go with the sentiment's sweet theme, I found a scrap of candy patterned paper from an older Doodlebug Design paper pad.  After edging the patterned strip with hot pink paper, I adhered it to the cardfront, angling it up from the right edge of the cardfront.  Another strip of hot pink paper was placed on an angle just beneath the sentiment, hiding the top edge of the patterned panel.  I debated adding some enamel dots, but in the end, left the design super clean and simple--and easy to pop in the mail!

Materials Used:
You're Sweet Line Border die (Lawn Fawn); Pink Passion cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Lovely Lady cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Sweetheart 6x6 paper pad (Doodlebug Design)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips