Sunday, January 12, 2020

You're in My Heart

Here's my card for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I used stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti to put together this love themed design.

You Make My Heart Happy card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti
For the layout's large panel, I used RC's Falling Hearts die to die cut a silver panel.  After adhering foam tape to the back of the die cut piece, I positioned it on to a red panel at the right side of a dark gray card base.  The red really helps the silver to pop against the background.  For the sentiment, I stamped "you're in my heart" from the Word Up stamp set in red ink on a narrow strip of shimmery white cardstock.  The strip was placed over the die cut panel, extending slightly on to the card base.  For extra sparkle, I accented two of the hearts and the sentiment strip with silver sequins.

Materials Used:
Word Up stamp set, Falling Hearts die (Reverse Confetti); Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Steel Grey cardstock (My Favorite Things); Red Punch and Silver cardstock (Recollections); silver sequins; foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Love how clean and modern your design is, Lori! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect Valentine's Day card! I love the color combo -- the gray looks great with the Valentine colors. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this die and it is perfect for the sketch. Great card. So glad to see you this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips