Monday, February 10, 2020

Lots of Love

Lots of Love card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I kept things simple on this mostly monochromatic love themed design.  I started out with a bright pink card base, then added an angled strip of coordinating patterned paper to the bottom of the card base.  The repeated "love" pattern on the paper was perfect for what I had in mind here!  To set the patterned piece off from the rest of the cardfront, I added a narrow strip of contrasting black cardstock along the seam between the patterned and solid pieces.  I stamped the "lots of love" sentiment from the Birdie Brown Greetings Galore set just above the black strip in black ink.  To go with the sentiment and the patterned paper, I added a large silver pierced heart die cut to the right of the sentiment, using foam tape for dimension and interest.

Materials Used:
Birdie Brown Greetings Galore stamp set, Pierced Heart STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Pink Passion and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Silver cardstock (Recollections); Be Mine 6x6 paper pad (American Crafts); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips