Saturday, February 22, 2020

Merci

Here's my card for the current challenge at Global Design Project.  I incorporated several elements from the inspiration design into my card, including the Eiffel Tower image, the script text background, and the thank you theme.

Merci card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud
My Eiffel Tower is a die cut from My Favorite Things.  I cut the tower from silver cardstock and used foam tape to adhere it to a text patterned paper panel with a torn edge.  For interest, I inked the torn edge of the panel and some of the rest of the panel with pink distress ink and distress oxide.  It took me a while to locate a "merci" sentiment in my collection.  I finally found one in Papertrey Ink's Sentiment Signs stamp set.  I selectively inked just "merci" in silver ink and stamped it on a rose stitched sentiment strip, then heat embossed the text in silver before positioning it on the panel with one end tucked beneath the raised tower die cut.  I accented the tower with a small rose heart adhered to the opposite side of the tower with more foam tape.  The torn panel was adhered to a pale pink cardstock panel, then layered on to a rose card base to match the color of the sentiment strip and heart accent.

Materials Used:
Sentiment Signs stamp set (Papertrey Ink); Delicata Silvery Shimmer ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide and Spun Sugar distress ink (Ranger); Regal Rose and Pink Pirouette cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Silver cardstock (Recollections); Paris Girl 6x6 paper pad (Carta Bella); silver embossing powder (Hero Arts); Eiffel Tower, Stitched Sentiment Strips, and Staggered Heart Border dies (My Favorite Things); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous card Lori! Love that fun little Eiffel Tower die cut!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips