Friday, February 21, 2020

You Are My Sunshine

You Are My Sunshine card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper Smooches
Here's my card for the current Color Story challenge at Paper Smooches.  I didn't get all of the colors from the graphic into my design, but I did get most of them!  I used the cheerful mug from the Sunnyville set as my focal image.  I'd colored this image a while back as part of one of the Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenges and it was waiting in a pile of images ready to go on cards, so I put it to good use here.  I cut out the colored image and used foam tape to adhere it to a gray cardstock panel.  I added a pair of pale purple cloud outlines cut with PS's Curly Clouds dies above the mug image, then added the "you are my sunshine" sentiment from the Fun and Flirty stamp set to the left of the mug on an aqua cardstock strip.  I accented the image with a trio of gray enamel dots.  The finished panel was adhered to a pale purple mat to match the cloud outlines before it was positioned on an aqua cardbase to match the color of the mug image.  

Materials Used:
Sunnyville and Fun and Flirty stamp sets, Curly Clouds dies (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black and Versafine Clair Nocturne inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); clear Sparkle glitter brush pen (Spectrum Noir); Aqua Mist and Lilac Grace cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Coffee and Cream cardstock (Recollections); gray enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. So very cute, Lori! I love this stamp set and your card is adorable! Those vellum clouds are perfect! Thank you so much for playing along with the Paper Smooches Color Palette Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips