Thursday, February 20, 2020

Special Delivery

Special Delivery card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from SugarPea Designs
Here's my card for this month's Mix It Up Challenge at SugarPea Designs.  I combined a pretty loose interpretation of the sketch with elements from the inspiration photo (love theme and color scheme) for this simple design. 

I represented the lines on the sketch with the paper airplane image from the Special Delivery stamp set.  For contrast, I cut the plane from pale gray cardstock and shaded it a bit with Copic markers before die cutting the image and adhering it to the white panel with the gray stamped flight trail extending behind it.  I stamped the set's "special delivery" sentiment beneath it in pink ink, then used the same ink to add a trio of hearts above the plane.  A trio of gray enamel dots were scattered around the images and sentiment as an accent.  I matted the panel on pale pink cardstock, then adhered it to a darker pink card base.  I'm happy to report that I've already sent this one off to a recipient--my friend's middle school age daughter received it for Valentine's Day!

Materials Used:
Special Delivery stamp set, Special Delivery Accents dies (SugarPea Designs); Memento Gray Flannel ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Piggy Bank ink (Reverse Confetti); Sweet Blush and Hibiscus Burst cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Grout Gray cardstock (My Favorite Things); gray enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips