Thursday, March 19, 2020

Happy Birthday to You

Here's my card for this month's SugarPea Designs Mix it Up Challenge.  I paired the sketch with elements from the inspiration photo (cake image, multicolored sprinkles, and color scheme) for my birthday card design.

My cake was made with SPD's Birthday Card Journal die set.  I'm always happy when I can use up some scraps for die cutting like I did here!  I arranged the layered cake and candle on a white circle, using foam tape for dimension.  After matting the panel on aqua cardstock, I adhered it to a multicolored dotted panel that brings in the colorful sprinkles on and around the cake in the inspiration photo.  For the sentiment, I stamped "happy birthday to" from the You set on a narrow pink strip and "you" from the same set on a small pink die cut circle. The pieces were added to the top and bottom of the round image panel using foam tape.  A bunch of teal enamel dots were arranged around the sentiments as a fun accent.  The finished panel was adhered to a pale pink card base to match the sentiment panels.

Materials Used:
You stamp set, Birthday Card Journal dies (SugarPea Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Sweet Blush, Simply Chartreuse, Hawaiian Shores and Lemon Tart cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Birthday Wishes 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); circle dies (Spellbinders); teal enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous design! All the colors coordinates perfectly on this amazing card! Thanks so much for entering into SugarPea Designs Mix It Up Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips