Thursday, March 19, 2020

One Cool Chick

One Cool Chick card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Paper Smooches
The theme for the current Paper Smooches challenge is animals.  I turned to another one of my favorite classic Paper Smooches sets, Chubby Chums, for my card for the challenge.  I colored up the cute chick image with Copic markers, then cut out the colored image.  I'm working on using up the bits and pieces of patterned paper scraps I have in my stash and I found a fun one to use behind the cheerful chick.  I layered the patterned paper and a coordinating green cardstock panel, angling them for interest, then placed them on a light green card base.  A pale aqua fishtail flag strip was sandwiched between the two panels, then the chick image was added on top using foam tape for dimension.  I stamped the "you're one cool chick" from the My Peeps set on a small circle die cut. After trimming the right edge of the circle straight, I positioned it at the right edge of the patterned paper panel. A trio of teal enamel dots arranged around the fishtail flag strip completed the design.

Materials Used:
Chubby Chums and My Peeps stamp sets (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IKMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, Aqua Mist, and Lemon Tart cardstock (Papertrey Ink); designer paper (Crate Paper); circle dies (Spellbinders); Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); teal enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips