Saturday, March 21, 2020

So Thankful for You

Here's my card for the current Global Design Project challenge.  I incorporated several elements from the inspiration card, including the layout and floral theme, into my design.

So Thankful for You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Avery Elle
The detailed, dimensional floral strip along the left side of the inspiration card was so eye-catching, but I knew I didn't have the patience to recreate it, so I substituted a pretty strip of floral patterned paper.  My color scheme is more muted, but still incorporated a cheery shade of yellow.  I matted the patterned paper panel using foam tape for dimension, then adhered it to the left side of a pale gray card base.  For the sentiment, I stamped a large thank you sentiment from Avery Elle's Many Thanks set in teal ink on a pierced circle die cut.  I matted the sentiment on teal cardstock, then added it to the cardfront.  Similar to the inspiration piece, I added a floral cluster to the sentiment panel.  Mine is only on the lower right side of the circle, but I think it's enough.  I dotted the centers of the two flowers with self-adhesive pearls to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Many Thanks and Fabulous Florals stamp sets, Fabulous Florals dies (Avery Elle); Memento Teal Zeal and Olive Grove inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Daffodil ink, Grout Gray cardstock, Pierced Circle STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Bayou Blue cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Stella and Rose-Hattie 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); self-adhesive pearls; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips