Monday, March 9, 2020

Under the Weather

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge. I made a get well card using a retired stamp and die set.

Under the Weather card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
The layout's largest round element is represented by a paper pieced umbrella.  I die cut the umbrella pieces from light and darker aqua cardstock, then put the pieces together, adding the handle that I cut from shiny silver cardstock.  I used foam tape to adhere the umbrella to a piece of aqua dotted patterned paper.  To represent the layout's other two round elements, I used a pair of clouds that I cut from shimmery white cardstock using the Cute Cloud Outlines.  Instead of using the outlines on the card, I used the solid inside pieces, tucking one partly underneath the umbrella and one to the right of the umbrella.  I stamped the "under the weather" sentiment in Summer Splash ink on a long pale aqua fishtail flag strip, then adhered the strip to the panel using more foam tape. A trio of sequin "raindrops" were arranged underneath the umbrella and clouds as an accent.  The finished panel was adhered to a card base that matches the pieces of the umbrella.

Materials Used:
Umbrella stamp set, Summer Splash ink, Umbrella, Cute Cloud Outlines, and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Ocean and Silver cardstock (Recollections); Crystal Stardream cardstock (The Paper Cut); silver sequins; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips