Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Hey, Sunshine

Hey, Sunshine card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I created a summery themed design using MFT's Drink Up the Sunshine stamp set.  I colored up the floating cutie with Copic markers, then cut her out with my Scan 'n Cut machine.  I made a beachy background for her on a jumbo fishtail banner die cut. The stitched curved edges on the sand and water are courtesy of a die from the Hit the Slopes set.  Once the background pieces were arranged, I added the image on top using foam tape for dimension.  I needed a sun to fill out the scene so I used an old sun die (also from MFT) to make a two-toned sun for the upper right corner of the panel.  I adhered my little scene to a piece of patterned paper. The patterned paper was matted on coordinating turquoise cardstock and adhered to a pale blue card base to match the color of the sky behind the image.

Materials Used:
Drink Up the Sunshine and Hey, Sunshine stamp sets Stitched Jumbo Fishtail Banner STAX, Hit the Slopes, and Sunshine dies (My Favorite Things); Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, and Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Tempting Turquoise cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Summer Bliss 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Adorable card. Love the cute girl relaxing in the sunshine. Great coloring. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Lori, this card is just too adorable!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips