Friday, April 10, 2020

You Color My World

Here's my card for the current Fusion challenge.  I combined the sketch with the color scheme from the inspiration photo to create my color themed design.

You Color My World card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Paper Smooches
The inspiration photo featured gnomes, but I don't have a single gnome image in my stamp collection. That seems to be the one stamping trend I have totally missed out on!  Anyway, I replaced the colorful gnomes with colorful paintbrushes instead.  My paintbrushes are from the Paper Smooches I Heart Art stamp set.  I colored the trio of images with Copic markers, then used my Scan 'n Cut machine to cut out the colored image.  I adhered foam tape to the backs of the brush images before adhering them to a large aqua circle.  The circle was adhered to the center of a lighter aqua dotted patterned paper panel.  For the sentiment, I stamped the "you color my world" sentiment from the Word Salad stamp set on a bright pink cardstock strip and adhered it across the panel, just beneath the line of paintbrush images.  The finished panel was adhered to a light aqua card base.

Materials Used:
I Heart Art and Word Salad stamp sets (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers; Aqua Mist, Amethyst Allure, Hawaiian Shores, and Raspberry Fizz cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Dwell 6x6 patterned paper (My Mind's Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Great use of that sketch! Love the sentiment and brushes! Glad you joined us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips