Sunday, May 17, 2020

Birthday Blues (and Greens)

Here's my card for the current challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  Since today's my birthday, it seemed appropriate to make a birthday card to share today!  And, given that it's a pretty significant  milestone birthday and I'm spending it in quarantine in my house, shades of blues also seemed appropriate here...

Happy Birthday to You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
After collecting various coordinating shades of blue cardstock panels with green tones, I started to build the design on a panel of the lightest blue cardstock.  A strip of dark teal cardstock, heavy on the green tones, was adhered diagonally across the lower right side of the aqua panel.  I die cut the "happy" from darker aqua cardstock and placed the die cut at the bottom of the panel. A narrow strip of another shade of teal cardstock was placed along the center of the darker teal strip, overlapping the right side of the "happy" die cut.  To finish the sentiment, I used two different stamps from the Bitty Birthday Wishes stamp set from My Favorite Things to stamp "birthday" to you" beneath the die cut word in teal ink. The finished panel was adhered to a teal card base.  I thought about adding a few teal enamel dots as an accent, but in the end, decided to stay with only straight edged elements on the cardfront.

Materials Used:
Bitty Birthday Wishes stamp set, Celebrate dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Teal Zeal ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, and Tropical Teal cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Ocean cardstock (Recollections)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the horizontal stripe as a word! This is such a fun use of the sketch! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips