Saturday, May 16, 2020

Floral Rosette Hello

Here's my card for the current challenge at Global Design Project. I was inspired by the pretty rosette and color scheme on the original design and incorporated those elements into my card.

My rosette is made with a die from The Cat's Pajamas. I cut the rosette from a rosy red cardstock piece and used foam tape to adhere it to a light aqua card base over a darker aqua flourish, also cut with a die from TCP.  I used the smaller rosette die from the rosette die set to make the center for the rosette.  I didn't fold it, but instead dotted it with a mini brad at the center and adhered it to the center of the dimensional rosette with foam tape.  To bring in the confetti element from the original shaker card design, I arranged a bunch of different sized teal enamel dots around the rosette.  The "hello" sentiment from TCP's Show me the Monkey stamp set was stamped on a wide banner strip. The tall, narrow letters fit the banner perfectly.  The stamped piece was stapled to a slightly longer dark aqua banner and positioned at the top of the cardfront to finish the design.  Now that I look at it again, I wish I'd trimmed down the cardfront and matted it on a dark aqua or rosy red card base...

Materials Used:
Show Me the Monkey stamp set, Easy Rosette, Heart Swirl (The Cat's Pajamas); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Rose Red, Bermuda Bay, and Soft Sky cardstock (Stampin' Up!); teal enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); mini brad; stapler; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips