Saturday, May 2, 2020

Brighter Days Are Ahead

Here's my card for the current challenge at Global Design Project. As soon as I saw the stripes on the layout, a rainbow came to mind. I built mine with an array scraps cut from cardstock scraps.  The striped panel was matted on a contrasting black panel, then adhered to a white card base.  I used metallic white cardstock and a die from Concord & 9th's Rainbow Wishes dies to cut a shimmery white cloud.  After winding a length of silver cord around in loops, I placed the twisted cord on the striped panel.  I anchored it by setting the cloud die cut on top using foam tape for dimension. The "brighter days are ahead" sentiment from C&9th's Brighter Days stamp set was stamped in white pigment ink on a narrow black strip, then heat embossed with white embossing powder to pop against the black background.  I adhered the sentiment strip over the cloud to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Brighter Days stamp set, Rainbow Wishes dies (Concord & 9th); Memento Luxe Wedding Dress ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Yoyo Yellow, Pumpkin Pie, Green Galore, Lovely Lilac, Pacific Point, and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Red Punch cardstock, Snow embossing powder, silver cord (Recollections); Crystal Stardream metallic cardstock (The Paper Cut); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips