Friday, May 1, 2020

To the Stars and Back

The theme for the current Lawn Fawnatics challenge is "spectacular skies."  I tried my hand at a galaxy background for this card using Lawn Fawn's space themed Out of This World stamp set.

To the Stars and Back card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lawn Fawn
I used an ink applicator to apply several different colors of distress inks to a watercolor paper panel, then darkened the bright shades with a layer of Black Soot distress ink, applied with a heavier hand along the panel's edges.  To create some stars, I drizzled some water droplets on the panel and blotted them dry with a paper towel.  Once the background was finished, I added a crater-filled shimmery white moon to the lower right corner of the panel and an assortment of colored and die cut images from the Out of This World stamp set.  The set's "I love you to the stars and back" sentiment was stamped on a purple cardstock strip and positioned over the moon piece using foam tape for dimension.  A trio of silver sequin "stars" filled in the scene.  I matted the finished scene on silver cardstock, then adhered it to a purple card base to match the sentiment strip.

Materials Used:
Out of This World stamp set, Out of  This World dies (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Mustard Seed, Picked Raspberry, Dusty Concord, Peacock Feathers, and Black Soot distress inks (Ranger); Amethyst Allure cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Crystal Stardream cardstock (The Paper Cut); silver paper (Target); Polka Dots embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts); silver sequins; foam tape

5 comments:

  1. Such a cool background you've created on this adorably sweet card Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is Mr Benjamin contact Email details,lfdsloans@outlook.com. / lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Or Whatsapp +1 989-394-3740 that helped me with loan of 90,000.00 Euros to startup my business and I'm very grateful,It was really hard on me here trying to make a way as a single mother things hasn't be easy with me but with the help of Le_Meridian put smile on my face as i watch my business growing stronger and expanding as well.I know you may surprise why me putting things like this here but i really have to express my gratitude so anyone seeking for financial help or going through hardship with there business or want to startup business project can see to this and have hope of getting out of the hardship..Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your outer space space, Lori! Your sky is wonderful! Thanks for participating in this Lawn Fawnatics Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is SO cute!!! i love that outerspace background!! sooooo cute!! thank you so much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Spectacular Skies challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card ... gorgeous sky

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips