Friday, May 15, 2020

You Warm My Heart


The theme for the current Lawn Fawnatics challenge is anything but a card.  It's been a while since I papercrafted something other than a card!  I turned to something tried and true, creating a mini box that's the perfect size to house one of those single serve K-cups.

The base for the box was made from minty green cardstock. After cutting, scoring, folding, and assembling the little box, I covered the sides and the top with square panels of a pretty pastel patterned paper.  To dress up the box, I stamped four bunnies from Lawn Fawn's Snow day stamp set on kraft cardstock.  I colored in their ears with a pink Copic marker before cutting out the images with the matching dies.  It's hard to see in the photos, but I added a bit of white flock to each bunny's tail.  The bunnies were adhered to the sides of the box using foam tape for dimension. I cut out pink hearts using the set's heart die and tucked one of the hearts underneath each bunny.  A bit of pink grosgrain ribbon wrapped around the box and secured with a simple knot ground the bunnies and add a bit of texture to the design. For the top, I stamped the set's "you warm my heart" sentiment on a pink die cut circle.  I matted the circle on minty green cardstock and placed it on the top of the box to finish the little treat.  In case you want to give it a try, here's a printable version of the template I used to make the box. Happy gifting!

Materials Used:
Snow Day stamp set, Snow Day dies (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Mint Julep and Lovely Lady cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Southern Chicken Dumpling Soup-Celery Stalks designer paper (Jillibean Soup); circle dies (Spellbinders); pink grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); white flock (Stampendous); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. eeeep!!! i am seriously in love with this box!! those bunnies are the CUTEST!! and i LOVE the soft pastel colors with them!!! so sweet! thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling! I love those sweet little bunnies. Too cute! Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips