Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Mom

Here's my card for the current Mojo Monday challenge.  I paired the sketch with stamps and dies from Paper Smooches to create a Mother's Day themed design for the current PS anything goes challenge

Mom card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper Smooches
I used the Rad Roses die to create a stained glass-like image.  The white die cut outline is backed with white vellum that I colored with Copic markers.  I used foam tape to adhere it to a large white circle.  The panel was matted on greige cardstock then adhered to a rosy red cardstock panel with a multicolored floral cardstock strip across it.  The strip was matted on coordinating blue cardstock and on the same neutral paper that I matted the large circle on to set it off.  For the sentiment, I stamped "mom" from the Word Up stamp set in rose ink on a white circle.  After matting the image on neutral greige cardstock, I used foam tape to place it at the upper right side of the image panel. The finished panel was adhered to a greige card base to tie all of the elements together.

Materials Used:
Word Up stamp set, Rad Roses die (Paper Smooches); markers (Copic); Rose ink (Reverse Confetti); Purely Pomegranate, Bermuda Bay, and Sahara Sand cardstock (Stampin' Up!); white vellum (Recollections); Here Is Happy-Record It! 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); foam tape


2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty and sweet! Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Smooches Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely, Lori! So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips