Friday, June 5, 2020

Make a Wish or Two

The theme for the current Birthday Project challenge at My Favorite Things is to use alphabet stamps and/or  dies.  I used alphabet dies to personalize this birthday design.

Make a Wish or Two card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
I built my card around the panel of colorful hexagon patterned paper.  All of the colors in the card came from the paper, starting with the rosy pink background panel that I adhered the patterned strip to after edging the bottom of the panel with pale pink and a teal stitched scalloped strip. I die cut a tag from pale pink cardstock and placed it on the top half of the patterned paper panel.  The "make a wish or two" sentiment from the More Essential Sentiments set was stamped in black ink on a rosy pink slanted sentiment strip die cut and placed on the tag die cut.  To personalize the card, I used alphabet dies to cut letters out from teal cardstock, then arranged them just above the sentiment strip. For a bit of sparkle, I dotted the "i" with a small clear crystal.  The tag was finished off with a pretty teal seam binding bow to match the die cut letters.  The completed panel was adhered to a pale pink card base that matches the tag on the cardfront.

Materials Used:
More Essential Sentiments stamp set, Pierced Tag STAX. Stitched Scallop Edges, and Slanted Sentiment Strips dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Pink Pirouette and Regal Rose cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Ocean cardstock (Recollections); designer paper (Echo Park); Lowercase dies (Clear and Simple Stamps); teal seam binding (Martha Stewart); clear self-adhesive crystal; Bow Easy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips