Saturday, July 11, 2020

Be a Legend

Be a Legend card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti
Here's my card for the current Mojo Monday sketch.  Slimline cards aren't my usual go-to, but I gave it a shot here!

My card was inspired by a friend's middle school age daughter.  I think this one will go to her at the start of the school year.  The focal image is from Reverse Confetti's Girl Power stamp set. I colored her up with Copic markers, then cut out the colored image with my Scan 'n Cut machine.  The image was adhered to a silver burst die cut using foam tape for dimension before it was positioned on a piece of red striped patterned paper centered on a blue card base.  To go with my girl power/superhero-ish theme, I found a piece of star patterned paper in my stash of 12x12 papers and added a piece to the right side of the card. The "don't be a lady, be a legend" sentiment was stamped on a piece of red paper, then accented with a piece of silver ribbon wrapped around the bottom of the panel and secured with a simple knot. The sentiment panel was matted on silver cardstock and placed at the top of the star patterned paper panel to complete the design.

Materials Used:
Girl Power stamp set, Burst die (Reverse Confetti); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Red Punch, Ocean, and Silver cardstock (Recollections); Simple Pinstripe-Red designer paper (Simply Luxe); Declaration-Firecracker designer paper (Pink Paislee); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. This is super cute, Lori! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips