Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Happy Bear-thday

Happy Bear-thday card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.   I made a birthday card using the Beary Special Birthday stamp set and coordinating dies.  I colored up the gift and balloon bearing bear with Copic markers, then used the matching die to cut out the colored image.  The image was framed by a pink Polaroid-style die cut.  I used foam tape to adhere the frame to a blue card base over a panel of striped patterned paper that coordinates with the colors I used for the image.  For contrast, I used a blue panel matching the cardfront in the negative space behind the bear.  The set's "happy birthday, my friend" sentiment was stamped in black ink on a pink stitched fishtail flag strip.  I adhered it to the top left of the cardfront, overlapping the patterned panel, to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Beary Special Birthday stamp set, Beary Special Birthday and Stitched Sentiment Strips dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Hibiscus Burst cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Cool Caribbean cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Instalove die (Mama Elephant); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips