Friday, August 7, 2020

Drinks Are on Me


Drinks Are on Me card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite ThingsThe theme for this month's My Favorite Things Birthday Project is gift cards.  I created this drink themed birthday card with a spot for a gift card front and center.

My gift card holder was made with an older MFT die that was made to hold a gift card.  I cut the piece from pale pink cardstock and assembled it, then adhered it to a dotted pink patterned paper panel on an angle.  The "it's your birthday" sentiment from the A Toast to You set was stamped on the pocket in dark pink ink.  For interest, I used the Slanted Sentiment Strips dies to cut a dark pink slanted edge strip. After stamping the "drinks are on me" sentiment from the Spirited Sentiment set on the strip in dark pink ink, I adhered the stamped strip just beneath the text on the pocket.  To go with the drink theme, I used the Birthday Cocktail die set to create a fun drink accent. The glass was cut from white vellum.  A little Copic coloring filled the glass with liquid.  I cut the set's bow from gold foil cadstock and added to the glass. The trio of gold glitter enamel dots added a final fun sparkly element to the design.  I didn't have a gift card handy to tuck into the pocket, so just imagine there's something sticking out of the pocket...

Materials Used:
A Toast to You and Spirited Sentiments stamp sets, Gift Pocket, Slanted Sentiment Strips, and Birthday Cocktail dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Rose Bud ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Sweet Blush and Hibiscus Burst cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Pink Tonal Dots patterned paper, white vellum, gold foil cardstock (Recollections); gold glitter enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet)


You're Simply the Best card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
This simple design is another one for the current MFT Summer School session.  The lesson subject was symmetry, so I selected a large die to serve as my focal image.  I cut the pierced star from super shiny gold cardstock.  To add interest, I stenciled a concentric circle pattern on a very pale pink panel for the background, trying my best to control how I applied the distress oxide to get a more faded look towards the edges of the panel. The star was added on top in the center of the panel using foam tape for dimension.  I combined sentiments from the Bitty Thanks and Gratitude and the Bitty Birthday Wishes stamp set to create the "you're simply the best" phrase that I stamped on a brick red fishtail flag strip. The stamped strip was tucked beneath the bottom of the star and adhered to the pink panel with more foam tape. I matted the panel on more gold foil cardstock before adhering it to a brick red card base to match the sentiment strip.

Materials Used:
Bitty Thanks and Gratitude and Bitty Birthday Wishes stamp sets, Insulation Pink and Brick Red cardstock, Pierced Star STAX and Essential Fishtail Flag Sentiments dies (My Favorite Things); Versafine Clair Nocturne ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Fired Brick distress oxide (Ranger); Gold Foil cardstock (Recollections); Concentric Circles stencil (SugarPea Designs); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips