Sunday, September 20, 2020

Go! Fight! And Eat Cake!

Here's my card for the current challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  I used the layout to create a football themed birthday card to give to my dad for his birthday next month.  His birthday coincides with the return of Big Ten (and University of Wisconsin) football, so it seemed appropriate.

Go! Fight! And Eat Cake card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from The Cat's Pajamas

My focal image is the football toting big eared bunny from the Go! Fight! Win! set from The Cat's Pajamas. Since I used a TCP animal image on my card, it also fits the current TCP animal themed challenge.  I used Copic markers to color the bunny image before cutting it out with my Scan 'n Cut machine.  The image was adhered to a large kraft circle using foam tape for dimension.  I adhered the circle to a piece of brick red star patterned paper on a coordinating brick red card base.  The sentiment was created from a combination of stamps from two different sets--the "go" and "fight" from the Go! Fight! Win! set and "and eat cake" from the Forget About the Cake stamp set.  I stamped the words stacked over each other on a red circle, then used foam tape to add the circle to the cardfront, overlapping the bottom right side of the image panel.

Materials Used:
Go! Fight! Win! and Forget About the Cake stamp sets (The Cat's Pajamas); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); designer paper (Creative Imaginations); circle dies (Spellbinder); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. This is just perfect for you dad! Isn't that the best part of making our own cards?! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those ears! Fabulous patterns and fall colors. Thank you for playing along at Freshly Made Sketches with my sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips