Monday, September 21, 2020

I Pick You


Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  My fall themed design features MFT's sweet Harvest Mouse stamp set and dies.

I Pick You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things

I colored the pumpkin-toting mouse with Copic markers, then cut out the colored image with the matching die.  For the background, I used the largest Pierced Oval STAX die to cut a pair of ovals, one blue and one green. After cutting the green oval into two pieces, I adhered one of the green sections on to the blue oval and placed the oval on a piece of plaid patterned paper.  The edges of the oval were trimmed to be even with the patterned panel's edges before I adhered it to a blue card base matching the blue oval.  I added the image on top using foam tape for dimension. For contrast, I cut a fishtail flag strip from orange cardstock for the right side of the cardfront.  A narrower olive strip was placed on top.  The set's "I pick you" sentiment was stamped on a tiny orange strip and adhered to the oval panel beneath the mouse image to finish the design.  Originally I stamped the word directly on the green panel, but it looked lost. The orange gave it just the right amount of contrast.

Materials Used:
Harvest Mouse stamp set, Factory Green cardstock, Harvest Mouse, Pierced Oval STAX and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Ocean Tides and Ripe Avocado cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin' Up!); 6x6 paper pad (Target); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips