Monday, September 28, 2020

Paw Prints Left on Our Hearts

Paw Prints Left on Our Hearts card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used the layout to create a simple pet condolence card with MFT's Critter Condolences stamp set.  I think I may be needing to give a pet sympathy card to a friend soon, so I wanted to have one on hand before it was needed.

My focal image is the paw charm from the Pet Charms die set. I cut the charm from red cardstock and backed it with dark brown cardstock to fill in the negative space. After tying a bow from kraft twine, I used foam tape to center the charm on a kraft pierced circle die cut.  The kraft circle was adhered to a cream card base over a contrasting dark brown circle with strips of solid red and kraft cardstock stretched across it.  The "the paw prints left on our hearts never fade" sentiment was stamped beneath the cardstock elements in dark brown ink.  The design is super simple, but with a heartfelt handwritten message inside, it will be just right to convey my feelings.

Materials Used:
Critter Condolences stamp set, Pet Charms and Pierced Circle STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Rich Cocoa cardstock (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Chocolate Chip cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Red Punch cardstock (Recollections); circle dies (Spellbinders); twine (Lawn Fawn); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips