Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Thank You Teacher


Here's my card for this month's Mix It Up challenge at SugarPea Designs.  I paired the sketch with elements from the inspiration photo (typewriter and color scheme) for my teacher themed design.

Thank You Teacher card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from SugarPea Designs

I used SPD's You're My Type dies to create the fun cherry red die cut typewriter.  The typewriter waws adhered to a white cardstock panel over a wide pale gray cardstock strip using foam tape for dimension. To ground the typewriter, I adhered a narrow strip of dark gray cardstock beneath the typewriter. For the sentiment, I stamped the "thank you" sentiment from the coordinating You're My Type stamp set on the paper inserted into the typewriter die cut.  I finished it with the die cut word "teacher." To add interest, I pieced the apple shaped "a" with red and green cardstock. The finished panel was adhered to a red card base to match the typewriter.

Materials Used:
You're My Type stamp set, You're My Type and Teacher dies (SugarPea Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Grout Gray and Steel Grey cardstock (My Favorite Things); Red Punch cardstock (Recollections); New Leaf cardstock (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

3 comments:

 
Blogging tips