Sunday, September 27, 2020

You're A-maize-ing

You're A-maize-ing card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Lawn Fawn

Here's my card for the current Lawn Fawnatics Awesome Autumn themed challenge.  I used the current sketch from Freshly Made Sketches and one of my favorite Lawn Fawn stamp sets, Happy Harvest, for this encouraging card.

I colored up a trio of images from the set using Copic markers--the scarecrow, a bird, and a pumpkin--then cut out the colored images.  For the background, I matted a piece of tone on tone patterned paper from Lawn Fawn's Fall Fling paper pad on kraft cardstock before adhering it to a coordinating orange card base.  I used a grass border punch on a piece of drab green cardstock to make a grassy strip to position across the patterned paper panel to ground the scarecrow.  The cluster of images was added on top using foam tape for dimension. I stamped the set's "you're a-maize-ing" sentiment to the left of the images in black ink to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Happy Harvest stamp set, Fall Fling 6x6 paper pad (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Orange Fizz and Factory Green cardstock (My Favorite Things); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Grass border punch (Fiskars); foam tape

5 comments:

  1. What a fun fall card Lori! I love the background paper and that sweet little scarecrow! That sentiment is totally right up my punny alley! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this sweet scene, Lori! It's always a treat to see your designs in the FMS gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one adorable fall card! Cute scarecrow! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet fall card! Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips