Thursday, November 19, 2020

I {heart} You

I {heart} You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-dies from Clear and Simple Stamps
Here's my card for the current sketch at CAS(e) this Sketch.  This is a stamp-free design using dies and papers from my Clear and Simple Stamps stash.

I used CSS's Lowercase dies to cut "i" and "you" from coral cardstock.  To go between the two words, I cut out a pair of hearts using the Shapes: Hearts dies.  After twisting a length of sparkly silver thread and securing it to a pale pink cardstock panel, I added the hearts on top, layering them with foam tape for dimension.  The die cut words were placed above and below the raised hearts.  My original plan was to stamp a row of hearts beneath the die cuts, but after "auditioning" the stamped image with a stamp positioner, I went in a different direction. I found the tiny heart die that serves as a nose for the various Build-a-Critter sets and used it to cut out a bunch of hearts.  They were arranged beneath the "you" at the bottom of the panel.  I adhered the panel to a coral card base matching the die cuts to tie all of the pieces together.

Materials Used:
Coral Necklace and I'm a Princess Pink cardstock, Lowercase, Shapes: Hearts and Build-a-Critter Owl/Cat dies (Clear and Simple Stamps); silver thread (Recollections); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips