Saturday, November 28, 2020

Wishing You Peace This Holiday Season

Wishing You Peace This Holiday Season card-stamps from Avery Elle

Here's my card for the current challenge at Global Design Project.  I used the layout and theme as inspiration, but mixed up the color scheme and used fewer elements on my version of the design.

I used a pair of stitched circle dies and gold foil cardstock to create the round element for my layout. The shiny round piece was adhered to a pale gray cardstock panel over a strip of red, green, and gray plaid patterned paper.  I accented the piece with a small white dove from Avery Elle's Sending Peace stamp set that I stamped on shimmery white cardstock and cut out by hand.  For the sentiment, I die cut the word "peace" from green cardstock using AE's Snowflakes die set and placed the word over the gold circle.  The "sending you" and "this holiday season" phrases from the Sending Peace set were stamped in black ink on narrow green cardstock strips and placed above and below the die cut word.  For contrast, I accented the text with a trio of red sequins.  The finished panel was adhered to the center of a green card base matching the sentiment pieces, leaving a green border around either side of the gray panel.

Materials Used:
Sending Peace stamp set, Snowflakes dies (Avery Elle); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); New Leaf cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Gold Foil cardstock (Recollections); North Pole 6x6 paper pad (Doodlebug Design); stitched circle dies (Lil' Inker Designs); red sequins; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips