Monday, November 30, 2020

You Brighten My Day

You Brighten My Day card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from SugarPea Designs

Here's my card for the current challenge at CAS Colours and Sketches.  It's kind of a loose take on the sketch, but I think you can still see that the bones are there!

I represented the layout's 5 rectangles with an arrangement of hanging light bulbs from the SugarPea Designs Watt's Up? stamp set.  After stamping the images in black ink, I used yellow Copic markers to color in the bulbs, then used a clear glitter brush pen to outline each bulb with sparkly glitter to give the bulbs a "glow."  The set's "you brighten my day" sentiment was stamped in black ink on a white panel.  I matted the panel on black and yellow cardstock before adhering it to the stamped panel. The finished panel was adhered to a cheery, coordinating yellow card base.

Materials Used:
Watt's Up? stamp set (SugarPea Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); clear Sparkle glitter brush pen (Spectrum Noir); Lemon Drop cardstock (My Favorite Things); Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); foam tape

5 comments:

  1. dangling light bulbs! I love it, great take on the sketch. So much fun. Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun interpretation of the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those bulbs light on my heart! So bright!! Thank you for playing along with CC&S challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card! Love the design and the light bulbs are just perfect! Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips