Monday, November 9, 2020

You've Always Bean There for Me

You've Always Bean There for Me card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used MFT's Friends at First Sip stamp set for a coffee and friendship themed design.

I colored up one of the set's coffee-toting gals with Copic markers, then used my Scan 'n Cut machine to cut out the colored image.  To create a background for the image, I used MFT's English Brick Wall stencil and a brick red distress oxide to make a wall.  A strip of woodgrain embossed kraft cardstock was adhered to the bottom of the stenciled panel to ground the image.  I added the image on top using foam tape for dimension.  The panel was edged with dark brown cardstock, then adhered to a kraft card base over a trio of red cardstock strips that match the color of the brick wall.  The set's "you've always bean there for me" sentiment was stamped on another red strip and positioned above the image using more foam tape.

Materials Used:
Friends at First Sip stamp set, English Brick Wall stencil (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Fired Brick distress oxide (Ranger); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Chocolate Chip and Riding Hood Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips